Saturday, May 7, 2011

Jumping in Puddles

I was walking Bodhi in the park and saw a little boy, who had apparently been told my his mother to go back and get his scooter.  I watched as he came in my direction.  He suddenly veered off the track to take a dozen or so jumps in a big puddle.  He tried to hump higher and higher so that the splashes would be bigger and bigger.  Then, just as suddenly, he left the puddle and went to retrieve his scooter.

That little guy was living in the moment! 

Sometimes I feel the desire to splash in a puddle, but dismiss the thought.

For example, when I was at the park, I wanted to just lay down in the grass and giggle and let Bodhi run and jump over me.  But I quickly wondered what others would think... and would I get grass stain on my clothes?  Sometimes I see a lonely old man eating alone in a restaurant and I want to talk to him and ask him questions.  But then I remember I have so much to do and I have to get going.

How different would my life be if I always lived in the moment?

What kind of people would we be if we all stopped to splash in the puddles?

I’m thinking we should give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment